- 19-Jan-2017 to 31-Dec-2018 (EST)
- Housekeeping & Laundry
- Jekyll Island, GA, USA
- Part Time
This is a fast paced position.
The ability to communicate with guests and team members effectively is a requirement. Room Attendants are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of guest rooms and all assigned closet and public spaces while reporting all maintenance deficiencies
Previous cleaning experience is a plus but not necessary.
The following is a list of some of the responsibilities of the position:
- Make beds and change linens when required.
- Clean bathrooms
- Straighten furniture
- Sweep and scrub floors
- Vacuum Carpets
- Dust furniture, clean woodwork
- Clean windows, window sills, doors, doors frames
- Empty and line trash bins
- Replenish terry linens, amenities and paper supplies
- Prepare caddies and carts for next day
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Complete accurately, and in a timely manner, any assigned paperwork.
In addition to the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products adhering to the hotel cleaning standard and health standards.
- Perform any other duties as requested or required, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
- Assist other housekeeping team members in maintaining clean and organized work and public areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual should possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- High school or equivalent education preferred.
- Should be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Should be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Should possess basic computational ability.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work tasks are repetitive and are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Individuals should be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Should be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Should be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Should be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Should be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Should be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different floors of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment