- 03-Feb-2017 to 31-Dec-2018 (EST)
- GRAND DINING ROOM
- Jekyll Island, GA, USA
- Part Time
Tips, 401k, Health & Welfare, Paid Time Off
Scope of position Ensures that dining outlet guests have a memorable experience by delivering quality service and product to exceed guest expectations. Accurately take orders for food/beverage while listening carefully to guest needs and recommend options; enter orders into POS accurately; retrieve guest orders from kitchen and deliver to guest's table; prepare accurate check and collect payment; prepare tables and seating areas for service; perform side work duties. Previous food and beverage experience; frequently lift/carry 25 lbs., standing and/or walking for long periods of time; experience with Micros or other POS system; work a varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours. A positive, service centered attitude is a must!
- The server must maintain a consistent knowledge of all menu's including but not limited to beer, wine, and spirits.
- Placing the orders of the customers on the right tables according to table and seat number in order to avoid any sort of confusion between guests
- Ensuring that the customers are completely satisfied with the food served and his or her services in that restaurant
- Be able to take direction and constructive coaching from your supervisor
- Taking the feedback and complaints from the customers and informing the manager of the restaurant about it
- Transporting heavy plates with different food items on them from the kitchen to the customers seated at the tables
- Balancing large sized trays in order to bring them safely to the customers
- Communicating clearly with the guest in order to meet and exceed their needs in regards to food and beverage
- Keeping good relations with his or her co-workers in order to execute his or her job responsibilities fairly well and satisfy the customers
- Administrating the cleanliness of the dining rooms of the restaurant and acting friendly with all the customers
- Supervising and overseeing the proper arrangement of dining equipment like spoons, forks and plates
- Complete opening and closing side duties such as polishing of all silver and glassware as well as cleaning of the restaurant and fixtures within it
Qualifications and Skills Required
The candidate should have a high school education or equivalent. Previous restaurant experience is a plus. The candidate must be at least 21 years of age and have good math, reading, and communication skills in order to effectively communicate with the guest as well as fellow associates in the front and back of the restaurant. Reliable transportation as well.
The associate will report directly to the PM Supervisor and indirectly to the Director of Restaurants as well as the Food and Beverage Director.