- 22-Mar-2017 to 31-Dec-2018 (EST)
- Guest Services
- Jekyll Island, GA, USA
- Full Time
401K, Paid Time Off, Health & Welfare
POSITION TITLE: Pool Attendant
REPORTS TO: Guest Services Manager / Front Office Manager / Manager on Duty
Provides a welcoming upscale pool experience creating an atmosphere of comfort and attention to detail for our hotel guests and pool members. Performs guest safety and recreational work supervising, swimming regulations at the pool. An essential responsibility of this role includes ensuring cleanliness, setting-up the area, and safety of all areas and facilities while attending to our guests needs within the pool area as per the resorts safety guidelines.
SWIMMING POOL ATTENDANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continually observes the pool and enforces safety regulations.
- Assists swimmers from water when in danger.
- Provide service consistent with the hotels standards operating procedures to exceed guest expectations
- Greet guests upon arrival, distribute towels, offer assistance with seating, while delivering consistent guest service, exceeding guest expectations, and providing any other necessary support services.
- Knowledgeable of pool facility such as length and depth of all pools, how many laps it takes to make complete a mile in meters and feet etc.
- Pool Bar hours of operation, location of facilities, and emergency procedure for rescue.
- Knowledgeable of hotel facilities and services to answer guest inquiries.
- Willing to take ownership of all guest requests and complaints, try to resolve issues immediately and follow up to ensure the guests satisfaction.
- Identify and report defects throughout the pool area, notify supervisors and concerned departments immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment or processes that negatively affect the operations.
- Ensure swimming pool area is clean at all times and report any maintenance issues to engineering department.
- Ensure the pool deck is swept and that all furniture is clean and in the correct place, when setting up in the morning placing towels on each chair and stocking the towel cabana.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of resuscitation, first aid, and CPR techniques.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and necessary safety precautions sufficient to be able to establish a safe environment for self and others.
- Knowledge of swimming pool equipment sufficient to be able to address minor maintenance issues with the equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of pool deck and facilities including straightening and stacking chairs, collecting soiled towels and trash, moving chairs, towels, and cleaning signs.
- Facilitate and maintain consistent pool safety rules and regulations, with documentation to ensure the overall safety of guests in the pool area.
- Work closely with other departments that are essential to ensuring a positive guest experience.
- Properly utilize performance feedback, recognition, training, and adherence to resort policies, legal requirements.
Must have good understanding of the English language. CPR and First Aid Certified is an added advantage. Excellent customer service skills. Ready to work varied shifts during Weekdays, weekends and holidays.
High School diploma or equivalent. Basic Computer knowledge
Previous experience working as a Pool Attendant in luxury hotel is a plus.