- 24-Mar-2017 to 31-Dec-2018 (EST)
- Food & Beverage
- Jekyll Island, GA, USA
- Full Time
Heath & Welfare, 401K, Paid Time Off
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join the Jekyll Island Club Hotel in a Restaurant GM capacity. We are currently seeking a hands-on food and beverage professional with a minimum of three years' experience to open and manage our newly renovated Wharf Restaurant. The right candidate will be responsible for directing a high-volume food and beverage operation. This exciting and challenging position requires an extremely guest service oriented food and beverage leader. You must be able to direct the food and beverage operation through a hands-on approach with the ability to motivate with a guest service style while having a keen eye for detail and the ability to train and raise the standards to exceed our guest expectations.
*Ensure positive guest service in all areas.
*Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
*Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
*Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of dining areas. *Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
*Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
*Estimate supply needs, place orders with distributors, and schedule the delivery of supplies.
*Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
* Direct hiring, supervision, and development of employees.
*Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
*Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
The successful applicant for this position must have:
* Minimum three years' experience at a high volume full service restaurant.
* Minimum five years' experience working front of the house operations.
* The ability to effectively hire and motivate staff
* Prior working knowledge of dining room, kitchen, and beverage departments
* Excellent customer service traits with an aptitude for modeling those traits
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to operate food and beverage department in a manner consistent with assigned budget