- 03-Apr-2017 to 31-Dec-2018 (EST)
- Ocean Club
- Jekyll Island, GA, USA
- Full Time
401K, Health & Welfare, Paid Time Off
Guest Services Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the hotel. This includes but is not limited to; Front Desk, PBX Telephone Operations, Bell Stand, Rooms Division
- Position will require a flexible schedule that includes day, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations.
- Follow & enforce company policies and procedures.
- Manage guest concerns as opportunities to exceed their expectations.
- Ability to motivate & instill a guest service attitude in all employees. This will enable our associates to provide memorable service to our guests.
- Responsible for growth and maintenance of staff: interviewing, hiring, coaching, counseling, cross training and developing employees for promotions.
- Use a "hands-on" approach to management.
- Excellent knowledge of computer system and possess ability to make corrections when system errors arise.
- Attend resort and operations meetings as scheduled
- Attend stand up meetings to discuss daily resort activity.
- Conduct stand up meetings with the staff, focus on a key training and improvement tactic
- Communicate extensively with all departments of the resort to ensure guest requests are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Manage assigning complimentary rooms for resort.
- Monitor & manage daily inventory and room blocks for all guests.
- Monitor all guest account balances while in house.
- Issue all credits associated with specific reservation packages booked by guests.
- Review Rate Discrepancy report: ensure all reservations have correct rate code and rate attached.
- Scheduling of all associates weekly determined by hotel/resort occupancy.
- Assign rooms for Site Inspections conducted by sales & marketing.
- Cash handling and reconciling of associates banks.
- Assign and review of daily tasks for all associates
- Opera knowledge is a ++
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience training and cross-training employees.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Overall knowledge of hotel operational procedures.
- High School Graduate
- College degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years of management experience
- Computer literate
The Jekyll Club https://jekyllclub.applicantpro.com